Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
Wed October 22, 2008
Convention Center Renovations
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners last night approved an emergency ordinance to accept a 200 thousand dollar bid for Phase I of the Julian Carroll Convention Center Renovation Project.
Phase I is demolition only involving the gutting of the bathrooms and removal of the ceiling grid, flooring, and doors. This initial phase is slated to be complete within 30 days. Bids for Phase II of the renovation project will go out during the demolition.
Paducah Renaissance Alliance Executive Director Steve Doolittle says the renovations will cost about 2 point 7 million dollars, not including engineering design fees.