Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed October 22, 2008
Convention Center Renovations
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners last night approved an emergency ordinance to accept a 200 thousand dollar bid for Phase I of the Julian Carroll Convention Center Renovation Project.
Phase I is demolition only involving the gutting of the bathrooms and removal of the ceiling grid, flooring, and doors. This initial phase is slated to be complete within 30 days. Bids for Phase II of the renovation project will go out during the demolition.
Paducah Renaissance Alliance Executive Director Steve Doolittle says the renovations will cost about 2 point 7 million dollars, not including engineering design fees.