Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu October 25, 2012
Contractors to Remove and Sell or Recycle Bridge Debris
Contractors are removing debris from the Eggners Ferry Bridge crash site. Accident debris has remained at the bottom of Kentucky Lake since January, when the cargo ship Delta Mariner rammed the bridge, knocking out one section. Delta Mariner owner Foss Maritime has hired contractors to pull pieces of steel and concrete from the lake bed and transport it to Bailey Port, Inc., in Calvert City.
Foss Maritime spokesperson Suzanne Lagoni says the steel will go on the scrap market, and the concrete will be recycled. Work began today and it’s expected to take 30 days to complete. The U. S. Coastguard says debris removal won’t affect river traffic.
Eggners Ferry Bridge