Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Eggners Ferry Bridge
Fri November 9, 2012
Contractor Says Debris Removal on Track Despite Delays
Contractors are still on track to finish debris removal from the Eggners Ferry Bridge crash site despite delays from heavy winds from Hurricane Sandy. Contractors are working seven days a week on Kentucky Lake to bring up pieces of steel and concrete that fell into the water when the cargo ship Delta Mariner destroyed part of the bridge in January. Crews had expected to complete work by the end of November.
But U. S. Coast Guard Lt. Dan McQuate says the wind delays could push work into early December. McQuate says so far the process hasn’t caused any issues for local mariners.