Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 3, 2008
Construction Starts on New Caldwell Hospital
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – Caldwell County residents will have a new place to go next year for medical treatment after Monday's groundbreaking for a new hospital. Caldwell County Hospital CEO assistant Sheria Adams says five additions have been made to the current building since its original construction in 1951, making the structure fragmented and inefficient. The new building will make better use of its more than 66 thousand square footage and will include features like expanded outpatient services. The United States Department of Agriculture has provided project funding. USDA Public Affairs Specialist Priscilla Williams says the department will provide Caldwell with more than $30 million in loans for the facility, set for completion in October 2009.