Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon December 29, 2008
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Emergency Management Director Bill Call says putting operations into one building would cut out time-consuming relay stations. He says emergency calls in Murray go to the city police.
"In the county 911 calls have to go to state police headquarters and then be transferred to the sheriff's office. So that's another step of delay that could be eliminated."
Call says changes can't happen immediately. He says currently the local government doesn't have a facility large enough to handle a consolidated dispatch center. Call says Murray's plans for a new fire station could offer the needed space, and that location won't be completed for at least another three years.