Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 17, 2008
Community banks in financial trouble, too
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – The sheer size of the financial troubles in the United States and around the world can be mind-boggling, and the collapse of large national banks like Washington Mutual could lead a person to look at ALL banks with a bit of trepidation. Marty Nichols is the president of FNB Bank in Mayfield, Kentucky, and he says community banks, financial institutions locally owned and operated, have weathered the crisis by bearing in mind a few things the big banks may have forgotten. Todd Hatton spoke with Mr. Nichols about just how community banks are doing.