Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Government & Politics
Fri February 10, 2012
Commonwealth Group Seeking Casino Gambling
A coalition of groups has formed to press Kentucky lawmakers to approve a constitutional amendment that could legalize casinos in the Commonwealth. The coalition includes several longtime gambling proponents from business and labor. But it also involves the Kentucky Education Action Team, which represents the Kentucky Parent Teacher Association, Kentucky School Boards of Association and the Kentucky Association of School Councils. Coalition members called on lawmakers to approve a gambling amendment during a news conference at the capitol Thursday. Kentucky Education Action Team member Stu Silberman says group members voted to support the proposed gambling amendment because schools need additional revenue.