Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Government & Politics
Fri February 10, 2012
Commonwealth Group Seeking Casino Gambling
A coalition of groups has formed to press Kentucky lawmakers to approve a constitutional amendment that could legalize casinos in the Commonwealth. The coalition includes several longtime gambling proponents from business and labor. But it also involves the Kentucky Education Action Team, which represents the Kentucky Parent Teacher Association, Kentucky School Boards of Association and the Kentucky Association of School Councils. Coalition members called on lawmakers to approve a gambling amendment during a news conference at the capitol Thursday. Kentucky Education Action Team member Stu Silberman says group members voted to support the proposed gambling amendment because schools need additional revenue.