Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri July 20, 2012
Commonwealth Crime Statistics Released
Kentucky State Police say a serious crime took place every two minutes and 38 seconds in 2011. The agency's annual Crime in Kentucky report released this month shows more than 290,000 arrests were made last year.
25,000 of those listed were DUI arrests, and an additional 38,000 were drug violations. State police officials say the statistics could not be compared with previous years due to a new set of categories created by the FBI. Officials say however the new format will allow them to track crime more effectively in the future.