Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri April 6, 2012
Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship on Kentucky's "Stand Your Ground" Law
The so called “stand your ground” law cited in the media recently as justification for the killing of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin is under scrutiny now. Kentucky has a similar law. Where essentially someone could use deadly force against a person who is threatening their life. To help shed more light on this law in Kentucky Chad Lampe spoke with Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship. He serves Calloway and Marshall Counties.