Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri April 6, 2012
Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship on Kentucky's "Stand Your Ground" Law
The so called “stand your ground” law cited in the media recently as justification for the killing of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin is under scrutiny now. Kentucky has a similar law. Where essentially someone could use deadly force against a person who is threatening their life. To help shed more light on this law in Kentucky Chad Lampe spoke with Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship. He serves Calloway and Marshall Counties.