Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri April 6, 2012
Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship on Kentucky's "Stand Your Ground" Law
The so called “stand your ground” law cited in the media recently as justification for the killing of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin is under scrutiny now. Kentucky has a similar law. Where essentially someone could use deadly force against a person who is threatening their life. To help shed more light on this law in Kentucky Chad Lampe spoke with Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship. He serves Calloway and Marshall Counties.