Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu May 3, 2012
Committee Votes to End Illinois Legislative Scholarship Program
An Illinois Senate committee has approved a measure to end the controversial legislative scholarships program. The legislation would also create a task force to study all state university tuition waivers. Under the legislative scholarships program, lawmakers can award two students in their district a four-year tuition waiver to a state university. The program came under fire after reports that lawmakers have given awards to relatives, children of political allies or students outside their district.