Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu May 3, 2012
Committee Votes to End Illinois Legislative Scholarship Program
An Illinois Senate committee has approved a measure to end the controversial legislative scholarships program. The legislation would also create a task force to study all state university tuition waivers. Under the legislative scholarships program, lawmakers can award two students in their district a four-year tuition waiver to a state university. The program came under fire after reports that lawmakers have given awards to relatives, children of political allies or students outside their district.