Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu May 3, 2012
Committee Votes to End Illinois Legislative Scholarship Program
An Illinois Senate committee has approved a measure to end the controversial legislative scholarships program. The legislation would also create a task force to study all state university tuition waivers. Under the legislative scholarships program, lawmakers can award two students in their district a four-year tuition waiver to a state university. The program came under fire after reports that lawmakers have given awards to relatives, children of political allies or students outside their district.