Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu July 30, 2009
Committee to Develop High School
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A new committee charged with developing McCracken County's consolidate high school will also consult with the public on the colors, mascot, and song for the new school.
Superintendent Tim Heller will serve as chairman of the 50-member committee representing Reidland, Lone Oak and Heath high school districts. The Paducah Sun reports students, parents, teachers, residents and school officials will make up the committee, which begins meeting around September first. The school will be built west of the Kentucky Oaks Mall on U-S 60 and is slated to open in fall 2012.