Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon January 30, 2012
Commercial Driver License Process Changing
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – New requirements are taking effect for those who have a Kentucky commercial driver license, and the Commonwealth wants to make sure drivers have plenty of time to complete the new process. The state Transportation Cabinet says the changes have to do with a federally mandated database project intended to improve highway safety. Transportation Secretary Mike Hancock says drivers shouldn't wait until it's time to renew their licenses before beginning the process. The cabinet says the project requires license holders or applicants to submit critical information to the Division of Driver Licensing in Frankfort before the license can be renewed or issued by a circuit court clerk. Processing will take seven to 14 days. About 150,000 Kentuckians have a commercial license.