Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon January 30, 2012
Commercial Driver License Process Changing
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – New requirements are taking effect for those who have a Kentucky commercial driver license, and the Commonwealth wants to make sure drivers have plenty of time to complete the new process. The state Transportation Cabinet says the changes have to do with a federally mandated database project intended to improve highway safety. Transportation Secretary Mike Hancock says drivers shouldn't wait until it's time to renew their licenses before beginning the process. The cabinet says the project requires license holders or applicants to submit critical information to the Division of Driver Licensing in Frankfort before the license can be renewed or issued by a circuit court clerk. Processing will take seven to 14 days. About 150,000 Kentuckians have a commercial license.