Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri July 17, 2009
Commercial Bank, Henry Branch Closure
By Jacque Day
Henry, TN – The Henry, Tennessee branch of Commercial Bank on Pioneer Road will close September 4. Commercial Bank Senior Vice President Kay Foust says low volume was the primary determining factor. She cites the diminishing presence of industries, lack of automobile traffic, and the rise in online and ATM banking. In 2001, customer volume dropped so low, the branch lobby was only open Fridays. The remaining weekdays, operations reduced to a one-person drive-through, which Faust says posed a security risk. After the closing, people who banked in Henry will need to go to Paris.