Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 9, 2010
Comments from Murray Chamber survey
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Comments from the Murray Calloway County Chamber of Commerce surveys are in. The survey sought comments concerning a potential city-wide payroll tax. An 81 percent-majority responded negatively to the potential of a payroll tax. Many chamber members mentioned poor spending efficiency and the loophole for those who live in the city but work elsewhere. The chamber now requests the city take an "unbiased" look at the city's fiscal position before making changes.