Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri July 30, 2010
Commentary: Rumpole of the Bailey
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – For television fanatics, the summer months can be long, grueling and disorienting. While production companies ready their fall season line-ups, viewers are left with a seemingly endless stream of re-runs. As an antidote for this summer affliction, Commentator Doctor Brian Clardy recommends turning to television shows of the past, and digs out a classic British series about an eccentric barrister named Horace Rumpole.
A scene from Rumpole of the Bailey - "Taming the Bull"
Dr. Brian Clardy is an Assistant Professor of History and teaches 20th Century United States diplomatic history at Murray State University. He is also the host of Caf Jazz on Thursday nights.