Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri January 28, 2011
Commentary: Memory is Sufficient
By Duane Bolin
Murray, KY – Sometimes your fondest reflections on the past cannot be aided by photographs or video, but are subject, rather, to the power of your own memories. Commentator Duane Bolin has a new lease on life after a near-death experience. Shortly after the traumatic events, he found himself yearning for the familiar. In this reflection, he recalls an excerpt from an essay by writer E.B. White about the sufficiency of memory in recording life's precious moments.
Dr. Duane Bolin teaches in the Department of History at Murray State University.