Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri January 28, 2011
Commentary: Memory is Sufficient
By Duane Bolin
Murray, KY – Sometimes your fondest reflections on the past cannot be aided by photographs or video, but are subject, rather, to the power of your own memories. Commentator Duane Bolin has a new lease on life after a near-death experience. Shortly after the traumatic events, he found himself yearning for the familiar. In this reflection, he recalls an excerpt from an essay by writer E.B. White about the sufficiency of memory in recording life's precious moments.
Dr. Duane Bolin teaches in the Department of History at Murray State University.