Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri January 28, 2011
Commentary: Memory is Sufficient
By Duane Bolin
Murray, KY – Sometimes your fondest reflections on the past cannot be aided by photographs or video, but are subject, rather, to the power of your own memories. Commentator Duane Bolin has a new lease on life after a near-death experience. Shortly after the traumatic events, he found himself yearning for the familiar. In this reflection, he recalls an excerpt from an essay by writer E.B. White about the sufficiency of memory in recording life's precious moments.
Dr. Duane Bolin teaches in the Department of History at Murray State University.