Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu October 24, 2013
Commentary: Lessons from Recent Political History and the Matt Bevin Candidacy
Late last week, the Senate Conservatives Fund announced an endorsement for Kentucky businessman Matt Bevin, who is challenging Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for his seat in the 2014 Primary. Bevin has already gained attention and support from Tea Party leaders and has, as commentator and History Professor Dr. Brian Clardy says, the advantage of recent political upsets on his side.
The views expressed in this commentary are solely those of the commentator and do not necesarily reflect the views of WKMS.
Dr. Brian Clardy is an Assistant Professor of History and Coordinator of Religious Studies at Murray State University. He is also the Wednesday night host of Cafe Jazz on WKMS.