Most Active Stories
- Protesters Show Up at Home of Hopkinsville Man Who Stepped on Flag
- Murray State Graduate Establishes Scholarship for Students on the Autism Spectrum
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATED: Forest Service Officials Tour Controversial LBL Management Projects with Students
Thu October 24, 2013
Commentary: Lessons from Recent Political History and the Matt Bevin Candidacy
Late last week, the Senate Conservatives Fund announced an endorsement for Kentucky businessman Matt Bevin, who is challenging Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for his seat in the 2014 Primary. Bevin has already gained attention and support from Tea Party leaders and has, as commentator and History Professor Dr. Brian Clardy says, the advantage of recent political upsets on his side.
The views expressed in this commentary are solely those of the commentator and do not necesarily reflect the views of WKMS.
Dr. Brian Clardy is an Assistant Professor of History and Coordinator of Religious Studies at Murray State University. He is also the Wednesday night host of Cafe Jazz on WKMS.