Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu January 24, 2013
Comer Starting Veterans Program on KY Farms
Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer is starting two programs to help military veterans find jobs in agriculture and markets for their farm products.
One initiative tries to connect veterans looking for work with farmers in need of labor. The effort is called Kentucky Proud Jobs for Vets. The other is called Homegrown by Heroes, and it provides a new logo identifying farm goods produced by Kentucky veterans. Both initiatives will be run out of the Commonwealth’s Department of Agriculture. Kentucky Adjutant General Edward Tonini is pledging state National Guard support for the programs.