Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 24, 2013
Comer Starting Veterans Program on KY Farms
Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer is starting two programs to help military veterans find jobs in agriculture and markets for their farm products.
One initiative tries to connect veterans looking for work with farmers in need of labor. The effort is called Kentucky Proud Jobs for Vets. The other is called Homegrown by Heroes, and it provides a new logo identifying farm goods produced by Kentucky veterans. Both initiatives will be run out of the Commonwealth’s Department of Agriculture. Kentucky Adjutant General Edward Tonini is pledging state National Guard support for the programs.