Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri November 9, 2012
Comer Advocates for Term Limits for All Legislative Offices
One of the key republicans in state government believes change in legislative leadership is a good thing. Long time Senate President David Williams recently resigned to take on judicial responsibilities in his home region. Agriculture Department Commissioner Jamie Comer moved from the legislature to take his current job. Comer favors restricting tenure in leadership positions.
“I’ve always said I believe we should have term limits on people in leadership just like we have term limits for Commissioner of Agriculture, what I am. Just like we have term limits for governor and president we should have term limits for president of the senate and speaker of the house," said Comer. "I think that would go a long way in helping to fight gridlock and things like that."
Lawmakers choose their leaders in early January. Senate Majority Floor Leader Robert Stivers is the favorite to become president of the 38 member chamber. But western Kentucky independent Bob Leeper tells the Lexington Herald Leader he’s also interested in the job.
2012 General Assembly