Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue October 2, 2012
College Illinois Savings Program Resumes
An Illinois college savings program that stopped taking applicants last year is back in business with a new management team. College Illinois allows parents to lock in a price for their children’s future tuition and save money to pay it.
The state-run program has tax advantages as well. College Illinois stopped accepting applicants late last year because auditors found top officials had conflicts of interest and administrative costs had risen significantly. Governor Pat Quinn brought in a new management team, and the General Assembly passed a law requiring more transparency about investment decisions.