Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Murray State Renews Steve Prohm's Contract Through 2020
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Battle of the Bands 2015: Congratulations BIG ATOMIC!
- Study: Calloway, Lyon Counties Among the Healthiest in Kentucky
Mon April 16, 2012
Coast Guard Hearing on Bridge Begins
The US Coast Guard will begin a formal hearing today to hear testimony regarding the collision between a cargo ship and the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge in late January. January 26th, the cargo ship Delta Mariner struck the span crossing Kentucky Lake causing portions to collapse. There were no deaths or injuries. Coast Guard officials say the purpose of the investigation is to examine the causes of the incident and make recommendations to help avoid similar incidents. It is not intended to determine civil or criminal responsibility. The hearing at the Paducah City Hall is expected to last several days. News will cover the hearing and provide regular updates throughout the day.