Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Mon July 23, 2007
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – The Kentucky House and Senate have been at odds over special sessions this summer. House members are touting the sessions as political moves by the governor, who is seeking re-election. Members of the Senate feel there are some important items on the agenda. The most publicized legislation provides incentives to Peabody Energy Corporation to perform a feasibility study that may ensure the building of a 3 billion dollar Coal to Liquid Fuel plant in the state.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear
Chad Lampe's report on this alternative energy and its potential effects on the commonwealth.