Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu December 3, 2009
Coaches Hope for Wins at State Football Tournament
By Angela Hatton
Bowling Green, KY – Western Kentucky high schools could make history today and tomorrow at the state football championship in Bowling Green. Four teams from the region are competing for the win in four separate divisions. Fort Campbell and Lone Oak compete in games today, while Mayfield and Paducah Tilghman face off against opponents tomorrow. Tilghman Athletic Director Duane Wall says the team struggled early in the season.
"It was an up and down season, but the young men and the coaches all came together at week nine and rededicated themselves to the season and the outcome has been that we've won four in a row."
Wall says it's been twenty-four years since Tilghman won state in football. Fort Campbell High School won their division the past two years, and the team hopes to make this three in a row. For details on the championship games, click here.