Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Thu January 17, 2013
Clymer Reviewing New Plea Deal in Zay Jackson Case
Circuit Judge Craig Clymer is reviewing a revised plea agreement involving assault and wanton endangerment charges against suspended Murray State basketball player Zay Jackson. Clymer rejected an initial plea deal Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship offered Jackson.
Blankenship says the new deal includes a felony conviction, jail time, counseling, and community service. He says this deal does not include a diversion which would remove the conviction from Jackson’s record. Blankenship says both he and Jackson’s defense attorney feel it’s doubtful Judge Clymer will accept the deal. Jackson's next court date is set for February 4th.