Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Tue July 24, 2012
Click It or Ticket Campaign Ends
The Kentucky Office of Highway Safety ended its annual Click It or Ticket enforcement effort this year with 19,500 citations to motorists for not buckling up. More than 220 state and local law enforcement agencies participated in the campaign that ended June 3rd.
The main objective was to encourage seat belt use through enforcement of Kentucky’s seat belt law. In 2011 there were 721 total highway fatalities in Kentucky, with 576 killed in motor vehicles. Fifty-eight percent of that number did not wear a seat belt.