Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue July 24, 2012
Click It or Ticket Campaign Ends
The Kentucky Office of Highway Safety ended its annual Click It or Ticket enforcement effort this year with 19,500 citations to motorists for not buckling up. More than 220 state and local law enforcement agencies participated in the campaign that ended June 3rd.
The main objective was to encourage seat belt use through enforcement of Kentucky’s seat belt law. In 2011 there were 721 total highway fatalities in Kentucky, with 576 killed in motor vehicles. Fifty-eight percent of that number did not wear a seat belt.