Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue July 24, 2012
Click It or Ticket Campaign Ends
The Kentucky Office of Highway Safety ended its annual Click It or Ticket enforcement effort this year with 19,500 citations to motorists for not buckling up. More than 220 state and local law enforcement agencies participated in the campaign that ended June 3rd.
The main objective was to encourage seat belt use through enforcement of Kentucky’s seat belt law. In 2011 there were 721 total highway fatalities in Kentucky, with 576 killed in motor vehicles. Fifty-eight percent of that number did not wear a seat belt.