Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Murray Holds Special Ties for Likely Next Host of 'A Prairie Home Companion'
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- KSP: Mennonite Man Killed in Todd County Home Invasion
- BOOM: 19 Places to See Fireworks this Independence Day Weekend
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
Thu April 5, 2012
Cleanup Plan Approved for Groundwater Contamination at Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
The Department of Energy and EPA have approved a cleanup plan for contaminated groundwater at Paducah’s Gaseous Diffusion Plant. LATA Environmental Services of Kentucky will start field work in the summer of 2013 to cleanup a hazardous chemical called TCE. The chemical in the soil likely came from storm drains and spills at the plant’s loading docks. According to the DOE, the contamination is currently confined to the plant’s property and poses no threat to residents.