Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
Thu April 5, 2012
Cleanup Plan Approved for Groundwater Contamination at Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
The Department of Energy and EPA have approved a cleanup plan for contaminated groundwater at Paducah’s Gaseous Diffusion Plant. LATA Environmental Services of Kentucky will start field work in the summer of 2013 to cleanup a hazardous chemical called TCE. The chemical in the soil likely came from storm drains and spills at the plant’s loading docks. According to the DOE, the contamination is currently confined to the plant’s property and poses no threat to residents.