Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 12, 2009
Clean School Buses
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Two western Kentucky counties are among the thirty-five recipients of state Clean School Bus grants. Livingston and Trigg County school districts will receive stimulus money to retrofit their buses to produce fewer emissions. The districts will also adopt standards that cut emissions by reducing the amount of time a bus spends idling. Officials hope the changes will reduce instances of asthma among children and employees.