Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed August 12, 2009
Clean School Buses
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Two western Kentucky counties are among the thirty-five recipients of state Clean School Bus grants. Livingston and Trigg County school districts will receive stimulus money to retrofit their buses to produce fewer emissions. The districts will also adopt standards that cut emissions by reducing the amount of time a bus spends idling. Officials hope the changes will reduce instances of asthma among children and employees.