Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed August 12, 2009
Clean School Buses
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Two western Kentucky counties are among the thirty-five recipients of state Clean School Bus grants. Livingston and Trigg County school districts will receive stimulus money to retrofit their buses to produce fewer emissions. The districts will also adopt standards that cut emissions by reducing the amount of time a bus spends idling. Officials hope the changes will reduce instances of asthma among children and employees.