Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu May 14, 2009
"The Class" at Maiden Alley Cinema
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Francois Begaudeau is a schoolteacher turned writer who brings his story of a year in a French high school to the screen. "The Class" doesn't contain any of the tropes audiences might expect in a film like this. Instead, Begaudeau demonstrates that the day-to-day struggles in the classroom are enough, even going so far as play a fictionalized version of himself in the film. Todd Hatton spoke with Larry Thomas about "The Class," on offer this week at Paducah's Maiden Alley Cinema.
For ratings and showtime information, visit Maiden Alley Cinema's website.