Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu May 14, 2009
"The Class" at Maiden Alley Cinema
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Francois Begaudeau is a schoolteacher turned writer who brings his story of a year in a French high school to the screen. "The Class" doesn't contain any of the tropes audiences might expect in a film like this. Instead, Begaudeau demonstrates that the day-to-day struggles in the classroom are enough, even going so far as play a fictionalized version of himself in the film. Todd Hatton spoke with Larry Thomas about "The Class," on offer this week at Paducah's Maiden Alley Cinema.
For ratings and showtime information, visit Maiden Alley Cinema's website.