Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu May 14, 2009
"The Class" at Maiden Alley Cinema
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Francois Begaudeau is a schoolteacher turned writer who brings his story of a year in a French high school to the screen. "The Class" doesn't contain any of the tropes audiences might expect in a film like this. Instead, Begaudeau demonstrates that the day-to-day struggles in the classroom are enough, even going so far as play a fictionalized version of himself in the film. Todd Hatton spoke with Larry Thomas about "The Class," on offer this week at Paducah's Maiden Alley Cinema.
For ratings and showtime information, visit Maiden Alley Cinema's website.