Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed March 20, 2013
Clarksville's Escorted Funeral Processions Getting Shorter
Police escorted Funeral Processions in Clarksville will be noticeably shorter in the coming months due to a new regulation which limits the length of the police escorted procession to seven cars including the hearse.
The Clarksville Police instated the new policy Monday. Public Information Officer Jim Knoll says the change does not affect the total length of the procession, only the amount that can be safely escorted by police. The department says it wants to avoid accidents such as a 2008 funeral procession crash in Chattanooga which sent three people to the hospital. Memphis, Nashville and Knoxville do not provide funeral processions.