Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed March 20, 2013
Clarksville's Escorted Funeral Processions Getting Shorter
Police escorted Funeral Processions in Clarksville will be noticeably shorter in the coming months due to a new regulation which limits the length of the police escorted procession to seven cars including the hearse.
The Clarksville Police instated the new policy Monday. Public Information Officer Jim Knoll says the change does not affect the total length of the procession, only the amount that can be safely escorted by police. The department says it wants to avoid accidents such as a 2008 funeral procession crash in Chattanooga which sent three people to the hospital. Memphis, Nashville and Knoxville do not provide funeral processions.