Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 19, 2010
Clarksville's Economic Outlook
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Some key economic indexes are showing promise this year in Clarksville, Tennessee. Though, most analysts there agree the city fared the 2009 recession well, the Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports there have been signs of slowing sales and some employers saw layoffs and job eliminations like most of the country. However, hundreds of construction jobs will soon become available as work starts on the new Hemlock Semiconductor solar technology plant over the next couple years. Auto sales last month finally matched 2008 numbers. And the real estate market continues to defy national trends-- up by a wide margin over 2008, but still a bit under 2007 sales.