Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue March 17, 2009
Clarksville Water Department Eliminates Jobs
By Angela Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Gas, Water, and Wastewater plans to eliminate fifty-four positions as part of a restructuring plan. General Manager Pat Hickey says the department will also create about 35 new jobs, and give those who lost their positions first chance at applying to the new ones. The restructuring equates to a net loss of 22 jobs. Hickey says the personnel changes will save the division about one million dollars a year annually. The restructuring is part of a long range plan to make Water and Wastewater management more efficient. Hickey also cites rate increases from TVA and the declining bond market as reasons for the change. The reorganization goes into effect March 31.