Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue March 17, 2009
Clarksville Water Department Eliminates Jobs
By Angela Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Gas, Water, and Wastewater plans to eliminate fifty-four positions as part of a restructuring plan. General Manager Pat Hickey says the department will also create about 35 new jobs, and give those who lost their positions first chance at applying to the new ones. The restructuring equates to a net loss of 22 jobs. Hickey says the personnel changes will save the division about one million dollars a year annually. The restructuring is part of a long range plan to make Water and Wastewater management more efficient. Hickey also cites rate increases from TVA and the declining bond market as reasons for the change. The reorganization goes into effect March 31.