Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 13, 2009
Clarksville Solar Plant Ceremony
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville and Montgomery County officials held up blue road signs that read 'Solar Way' at a ceremony to kick off construction of Hemlock Semiconductor's $1.2 billion solar panel plant yesterday. Solar Way will be the name of the entry road to the plant. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports the plant's construction will create more than 800 area jobs and is expected to employ around 500 full-time workers when it opens in 2012.