Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri November 13, 2009
Clarksville Solar Plant Ceremony
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville and Montgomery County officials held up blue road signs that read 'Solar Way' at a ceremony to kick off construction of Hemlock Semiconductor's $1.2 billion solar panel plant yesterday. Solar Way will be the name of the entry road to the plant. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports the plant's construction will create more than 800 area jobs and is expected to employ around 500 full-time workers when it opens in 2012.