Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri November 6, 2009
Clarksville Red Light Fund$
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – The Clarksville Police Department has announced it has collected over $100,000 from tickets issued by the new red light cameras from July to September. The city nets roughly half of that, with the other going to the company that installed and operates the automated system. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports the revenue will be used to buy new cameras and equipment for patrol cars, as well as help fund a proposed new walking park in the city.