Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri April 24, 2009
Clarksville Port causes dispute
By Casey Northcutt
Clarksville, TN – The Clarksville Gas and Water Department and city council have expressed concern over a proposed fuel barge river terminal in their city. The Leaf Chronicle reports the two groups raised objections Thursday about the close proximity of the port's future location to the city's only intake for drinking water. Gas and Water Department Director Pat Hickey says the company that plans to build the port has experienced leaks in its facilities before. If the Clarksville water plant were contaminated, it could be shut down for months. Members of the Gas and Water Committee plan to draft a letter expressing its concerns before the public comment period expires Monday.