Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon August 3, 2009
Clarksville Police Arrest Soldier after Shooting
Clarksville, TN – An Indiana National Guard soldier has been arrested and charged with trying to kill another man in Clarksville, Tennessee by shooting him in the head. Police arrested 27-year-old Caleb Andrew Pearl of Butlerville, Indiana, yesterday. Pearl is being held in the Montgomery County Jail.
Authorities say police went to a house around 3:20 Sunday morning and found 24-year-old Michael Ellis outside his home with a gunshot wound to the head after an argument with Pearl.
Police say Pearl told police he shot Ellis because he thought Ellis had pulled a Ellis was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center and is listed in critical condition.