Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon August 3, 2009
Clarksville Police Arrest Soldier after Shooting
Clarksville, TN – An Indiana National Guard soldier has been arrested and charged with trying to kill another man in Clarksville, Tennessee by shooting him in the head. Police arrested 27-year-old Caleb Andrew Pearl of Butlerville, Indiana, yesterday. Pearl is being held in the Montgomery County Jail.
Authorities say police went to a house around 3:20 Sunday morning and found 24-year-old Michael Ellis outside his home with a gunshot wound to the head after an argument with Pearl.
Police say Pearl told police he shot Ellis because he thought Ellis had pulled a Ellis was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center and is listed in critical condition.