Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon August 3, 2009
Clarksville Police Arrest Soldier after Shooting
Clarksville, TN – An Indiana National Guard soldier has been arrested and charged with trying to kill another man in Clarksville, Tennessee by shooting him in the head. Police arrested 27-year-old Caleb Andrew Pearl of Butlerville, Indiana, yesterday. Pearl is being held in the Montgomery County Jail.
Authorities say police went to a house around 3:20 Sunday morning and found 24-year-old Michael Ellis outside his home with a gunshot wound to the head after an argument with Pearl.
Police say Pearl told police he shot Ellis because he thought Ellis had pulled a Ellis was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center and is listed in critical condition.