Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon December 28, 2009
Clarksville PD consolidates Departments
By Leaf Chronicle/ Paco Long-Mendez
Clarksville, TN – The Clarksville Police Department has consolidated three major crime unit divisions to help combat rising domestic violence in the area. The Leaf Chronicle reports Domestic Violence, Child Abuse and Child Sex Abuse have made their home on 106 Public Square. The expanded department will include six detectives and two victim's advocates the victim advocates will assist victims of domestic related violence through the court system, A four-hundred-thousand dollar grant from the Department of Justice made the expansion possible.