Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri January 8, 2010
Clarksville Passes Master Plan
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – City Councilors yesterday passed Mayor Johnny Piper's master plan for a second time. Piper hopes the almost quarter-million dollar comprehensive study will map out future growth there. The study will be broad in scope, looking at everything from architectural design and economics to recreation and entertainment. Transportation is expected to be the single largest element of the plan and will possibly have its own steering committee. A comprehensive committee would oversee the other parts of the planning effort.