Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri August 14, 2009
Clarksville-Montgomery County School Grant
By Jacque Day
Clarksville – The Clarksville-Montgomery County School System has received a $2 million grant from the Department of Defense Education Activity Educational Partnership. The grant is geared toward helping military-connected schools that experience school growth from base reassignments. To qualify, schools must serve a minimum of 200 military dependents, with the military dependents representing 15 percent or greater of the building's total student population. School officials say 20 of the Clarksville-Montgomery district's schools qualify for funding from the grant.