Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri August 14, 2009
Clarksville-Montgomery County School Grant
By Jacque Day
Clarksville – The Clarksville-Montgomery County School System has received a $2 million grant from the Department of Defense Education Activity Educational Partnership. The grant is geared toward helping military-connected schools that experience school growth from base reassignments. To qualify, schools must serve a minimum of 200 military dependents, with the military dependents representing 15 percent or greater of the building's total student population. School officials say 20 of the Clarksville-Montgomery district's schools qualify for funding from the grant.