Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Sat October 4, 2008
Clarksville Mayor Proposes Salary Adjustment for Next Mayor
By Jacque Day
Murray, KY – Clarksville Mayor Johnny Piper introduced an ordinance Thursday that could affect the salary of the next Mayor. The Leaf-Chronicle reports, the Clarksville mayor presently earns just under $115,000 per year, and currently receives an annual pay increase of more than four percent. The new ordinance proposes that the next mayor's pay remain at about $125,000, Piper's salary when he leaves office, until the 2015 term. Afterwards, the mayor's salary would increase by four percent once per term, giving the sitting mayor the option to decline the increase. The council votes on the ordinance next month. (Leaf-Chronicle)