Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue July 28, 2009
Clarksville May Change Sunday Beer Sales
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville may soon change its law that would make beer sales on Sundays no different than any other day of the week. City Councilwoman Deanna McLaughlin is proposing an ordinance that would change the city's standing prohibition on beer sales between 3:00 am until noon on Sundays. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports McLaughlin says the change would increase city revenues.
Finance Director Ben Griffin estimates the change would bring some eighty thousand dollars more each year. The proposal goes before the Finance and Administration Committee today.