Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue July 28, 2009
Clarksville May Change Sunday Beer Sales
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville may soon change its law that would make beer sales on Sundays no different than any other day of the week. City Councilwoman Deanna McLaughlin is proposing an ordinance that would change the city's standing prohibition on beer sales between 3:00 am until noon on Sundays. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports McLaughlin says the change would increase city revenues.
Finance Director Ben Griffin estimates the change would bring some eighty thousand dollars more each year. The proposal goes before the Finance and Administration Committee today.