Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri July 6, 2012
Clarksville Mandatory Water Restriction Lifted
A mandatory water restriction in Clarksville, Tennessee was lifted last night, although city officials still have a voluntary water restriction in place.
The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the installation of temporary pumps paired with a few rainstorms helped to lift the restriction. Clarksville Gas and Water reported an 18 million gallon drop in demand due to the mandatory restriction. Citizens are still asked to limit the amount of water used for landscaping, wash cars less frequently and to only fill ornamental fountains once.