Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri July 6, 2012
Clarksville Mandatory Water Restriction Lifted
A mandatory water restriction in Clarksville, Tennessee was lifted last night, although city officials still have a voluntary water restriction in place.
The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the installation of temporary pumps paired with a few rainstorms helped to lift the restriction. Clarksville Gas and Water reported an 18 million gallon drop in demand due to the mandatory restriction. Citizens are still asked to limit the amount of water used for landscaping, wash cars less frequently and to only fill ornamental fountains once.