Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri July 6, 2012
Clarksville Mandatory Water Restriction Lifted
A mandatory water restriction in Clarksville, Tennessee was lifted last night, although city officials still have a voluntary water restriction in place.
The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the installation of temporary pumps paired with a few rainstorms helped to lift the restriction. Clarksville Gas and Water reported an 18 million gallon drop in demand due to the mandatory restriction. Citizens are still asked to limit the amount of water used for landscaping, wash cars less frequently and to only fill ornamental fountains once.