Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue December 2, 2008
Clarksville Man Dies in Cave Collapse
By Carrie Pond
Oak Grove, KY – A Clarksville man died Monday while digging for Native American artifacts in a cave in Christian County. The Kentucky New Era reports Devin William Peters and another Clarksville man were arrowhead hunting in a cave between Oak Grove and Pembroke when the walls of an excavation trench collapsed. The second man was above ground and was able to telephone for help. Responding emergency personnel were unable to extract Peters in time to save his life. Officials have ruled his death an accident, and no criminal investigation is pending.