Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 14, 2013
Clarksville Lands $800M Hankook Tire Plant
South Korean-based Hankook Tire Company will begin construction on an $800-million tire plant in Clarksville next year that could bring up to 1,800 new jobs to the area.
Gov. Bill Haslam made the announcement Monday in Nashville after a Korean news agency leaked the company’s interest in developing a Tennessee plant last week.
The company plans to build a 1.5-m square foot plant in the Clarksville Corporate Business Park. Tire production is slated to begin in 2016.
Hankook is the world’s seventh largest tire manufacturer by sales.