Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri July 31, 2009
Clarksville Firefighters Sue City
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Firefighters have filed a lawsuit against the city and several officials alleging unlawful political retaliation, violations of due process and the infliction of emotional distress. City officials targeted by the suit are Mayor Johnny Piper, Clarksville Fire Rescue Chief Mike Roberts and Deputy Chief John Stanley, as well as Tim Harvey, an attorney who often represents the city. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the suit could potentially be for millions of dollars and the plaintiffs are being represented by Peter Napolitano.