Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 22, 2009
Clarksville City Council Ordinance May Ban Dogs From Certain Parks
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Residents' complaints are prompting Clarksville officials rethink a new ordinance. The City Council recently approved the first reading of an ordinance allowing the park system to ban dogs from certain parks. A second and final reading is scheduled for later this week. Parks and Recreation Committee Chairman Bill Forrester says he's received overwhelming public response to the measure, with almost all against the ban. The Committee is set to meet Thursday to possibly discuss a compromise.