Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon June 22, 2009
Clarksville City Council Ordinance May Ban Dogs From Certain Parks
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Residents' complaints are prompting Clarksville officials rethink a new ordinance. The City Council recently approved the first reading of an ordinance allowing the park system to ban dogs from certain parks. A second and final reading is scheduled for later this week. Parks and Recreation Committee Chairman Bill Forrester says he's received overwhelming public response to the measure, with almost all against the ban. The Committee is set to meet Thursday to possibly discuss a compromise.