Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon June 22, 2009
Clarksville City Council Ordinance May Ban Dogs From Certain Parks
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Residents' complaints are prompting Clarksville officials rethink a new ordinance. The City Council recently approved the first reading of an ordinance allowing the park system to ban dogs from certain parks. A second and final reading is scheduled for later this week. Parks and Recreation Committee Chairman Bill Forrester says he's received overwhelming public response to the measure, with almost all against the ban. The Committee is set to meet Thursday to possibly discuss a compromise.