Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu December 10, 2009
Clarksville Airport Costs Edge Up
By Angela Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Improvements at the Clarksville-Montgomery County Regional Airport may be more expensive than officials have previously projected. The Airport Authority met in special session yesterday to discuss expenses. The board is considering whether to hire a full-time manager or a part time consultant who would work up to three days a week. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports a possible consultant has upped his requested salary from thirty thousand to forty thousand dollars a year. Estimates for a new terminal have also increased from 4-point-8 million dollars to 5-point-5 million dollars. The increase is due to new plans for a storage building and a road between the relocated fire station and the runway. The board plans to meet again in January.