Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed May 13, 2009
Clarks River Limb Removal
By Angela Hatton
Benton, KY – The Marshall County Fiscal Court is seeking funding to help clean up miles of tree limb debris in Clarks River brought on by January's ice storms. Most of the funding will come from a USDA Emergency Watershed Protection grant, with the county picking up twenty-five percent of the cost. District Conservationist Diana Angle says the seventy-nine thousand dollar grant will facilitate cleanup at accessible river areas and help prevent flooding.