This documentary originally aired in 2011 and was revised in 2017.
An hour-long WKMS News production about the Union and Confederate confrontations, battles and tribulations in the Four Rivers Region, featuring a full cast performing the words of such Civil War-era luminaries as Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, and Nathan Bedford Forrest.
Listen to this documentary:
- Drew Adams - Private J.V. Grief
- Squire Babcock - President Abraham Lincoln
- George Eldred - General Leonidas Polk
- Elma Harris - Annie Boyd
- Joe Haynes - John Brown, Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, Col. Stephen Hicks
- Dr. Rusty Jones - General John C. Fremon
- Zunni Matima - Mary Wooldridge
- Gary Pitts - General Nathan Bedford Forrest
- David Shelton - General Ulysses S. Grant
- Micky Thomas - George Scruggs
- Robert Valentine - Stephen Hale, Governor Beriah Magoffin, General George B. McClellan
- David Weatherly - New York Times
With thanks to Berry Craig of West Kentucky Community and Technical College; Kendall Gott, Senior Historian, U.S. Army Combat Studies Institute; Drs. James Humphries and William Mulligan of Murray State University's Department of History; Jim Jobe, Fort Donelson National Battlefield Park Historian; and John E.L. Robertson. Research Assistance: Dieter Ulrich, Murray State University Archivist, Special Collections Librarian Angela Hatton